Proceeds from this event will help the Cancer Foundation of Northeast Georgia (www.cfnega.org) provide immediate financial assistance to local cancer patients struggling financially due to their cancer diagnosis and treatment. Your participation in this event will certainly change a life, starting with your own! The Cancer Foundation of Northeast Georgia’s goal is to improve the quality of life for cancer patients and their families who need help.
Tri To Beat Cancer Triathlon, Aqua Bike and 5k
Sandy Creek Park, Athens, Georgia
400 Meter Lake Swim, 14 Mile Bike, 5K Run
Race Date: Sunday, August 18, 2019
Race Time: 7:00 am
Location: Sandy Creek Park, Athens, Georgia
Address: 400 Bob Holman Road, Athens, GA 30607
Click here for directions
Honorary Race Chair: Coach Jack Bauerle
5K: Run through Sandy Creek Park is mostly flat except for one rolling hill around mile two with a very fast finish.
Registration fee is $30 until August 4, 2019 ( price will increase $5.00)
Online registration closes on August 11, 2019.
5k Run Course Map
Georgia Multisports Productions for safety reason has established a course and race completion timeline as follows:
- Run: 1:30
- You may be asked your timing chip and will not receive an official time. If you choose to complete the event it will be without course security or support.
5k Packet Pick Up
- All 3 Sports: August 14, 2019 – 11am to 5:00 pm, 8601 Dunwoody Pl., Ste 420, Atlanta, GA 30350. Packet pick up and registration available.
- Georgia Cycle Sport: Thursday, August 15th, 3:30-5:00 pm, 1029 Baxter St, Athens, GA 30606
5k Packet Pick Up will be held Saturday August 17th at Sandy Creek Park, 400 Bob Holman Rd, Athens, Georgia 30607 from 12 pm to 3pm. You can also register at this time.
Race Morning: 5k Registration and Packet Pick up 5:00 am to 6:30 am
- Overall top male and female finishers
- Masters top male and female finishers
- 5k Age group awards will be given to finishers only in the following categories: Under 10, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 40-44, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Online Registration closes on August 11, 2019
Pricing: (all categories will increase $20 after August 5, 2019)
- USAT Member $70
- Non USAT Member $85 (includes USAT one day membership fee)
- Relays $130
Click to download and print registration form in Adobe PDF format.
Save On Race Registration by clicking on the following link and registering for three of the races listed before February 1 and receive a 15% Discount.
Promotion excludes the following races: Crows Lake, Peach Kids, Iron Kids and RockMyMini
When you register please consider making a donation or fundraising on behalf of The Cancer Foundation of Northeast Georgia. Donations will help cancer patients pay for basic living expenses such as rent, utilities, medication, food and transportation. Participants that raise money for The Cancer Foundation of Northeast Georgia will have the chance to win prizes.
- Swim Course Map: Click here
- Bike Course Map for Sprint and Duathlon: Click here
- Run Course Map for Sprint and Duathlon: Click here
- Swim: 400 Meter lake swim.
- Bike: 14 mile bike with rolling hills. .
- Run: 5K run though Sandy Creek Park is mostly flat except for one rolling hill around mile two with a very fast finish.
Georgia Multisports Productions for safety reason has established a course and race completion time line as follows:
- Swim: 1/2 hour.
- Bike: 1 1/2 hours or total of 2 hours of swim and bike.
- Run: Race must be completed in 3 hours.
You may be asked to return your timing chip and will not receive an official time. if you choose to complete the event it will be without course security or support.
Wetsuits: Each age group participant shall be permitted to wear a wet suit without penalty in any event sanctioned by USA Triathlon up to and including a water temperature of 78 degrees Fahrenheit. When the water temperature is greater than 78 degrees, but less than 84 degrees Fahrenheit, age group participants may wear a wet suit at their own discretion, provided however that participants who wear a wet suit within this temperature range shall not be eligible for prizes or awards. Age group participants shall not wear wet suits in water temperatures equal to or greater than 84 degrees Fahrenheit.
Relay Teams: Racers can form teams of two or three to compete in the triathlon, with each athlete racing one event. Each team member must fill out separate applications and waiver.
Question regarding the event. Please call Jim Rainey at 770-926-2367 or email: email@example.com.
Packet Pick Up
All 3 Sports: August 14, 2019 – 11am to 5:00 pm, 8601 Dunwoody Pl, Ste 420, Atlanta, GA 30350. Packet pick up and registration available.
Georgia Cycle Sport: Thursday, August 15th, 3:30- 6:30 pm, 1029 Baxter St, Athens, GA 30606. Registration is also available.
Packet Pick Up will be held Saturday, August 17th at Sandy Creek Park, 400 Bob Holman Rd., Athens, GA 30607 from 12:00pm to 3:00pm in the pavilion. You also may be able to register for the triathlon, aquabike or 5k at this time.
Race Morning: 5:00 am to 6:30 am (Packet Pick Up Only – No Race Day Registration)
- No one can pick up your packet except you
- Race day packet pick-up is available.
- No race day registration.
Georgia Cycle Sport in Athens will be available for last minute bike repairs and purchases.
- 5:00am Transition opens
- 6:45am Last minute race information.
- 7:00am Sprint starts.
- 10:00am Awards Ceremony begins.
- Overall top three male and female finishers.
- Masters men and women – top three.
- Athena (165+) top three.
- Clydesdale: (220+) top three.
- Relays top three.
- Age group awards will be given three deep in the following categories: 15 and under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
Post Race: Food and Music will be provided.
The Holiday Inn at 197 East Broad St. – Athens, Georgia 30601 is offering a discount for athletics.
Holiday Inn is pleased to offer you a convenient electronic booking (e-booking) link. Clicking on the link will take you to the hotel’s reservation web page that will pre-populate with the special group code. You will enjoy the convenience of confirming your room reservations online, at the group-negotiated rate – 24 hours a day. Click here to receive your personalized e-booking link. Go to reservations page and then enter code TRI, and will take you to the booking page.
Guests can also call our in house reservations department @ 706-549-4433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can also call the central reservations line @ 1-800-HOLIDAY(465-4329)
If you wish to extend your stay outside of these dates, you will need to book a separate reservation on the website or contact us directly at Holiday Inn 877 834 3613. Please make your reservations as soon as possible. The rate will be valid as long as we have rooms available.