The West Point Lake Olympic Triathlon & Aquabike
1.5k Swim 40k Bike 10k Run
A Georgia Multisports Production
R. Shaefer Heard Park
Race Date: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 7:15am
Location: R. Shaefer Heard Park, 101 R. Shaefer Heard Park Rd., West Point, GA 31833
Registration: Registration is now open
T shirts/sizes can not be guaranteed for anyone registering after April 1, 2015
PRICING: (all prices will increase $25.00 after 4/12/15)
- USAT Member: $85.00 until 4/12/15 (Aquabike $75.00)
- Non USAT Member: $97.00 until 4/12/15 (Aquabike $87.00)
- Relay: $150.00 until 4/12/15
Register online at Active.com:
For hard copy application
Click to download and print registration form in Adobe PDF format.
Other events offered during the LaGrange Festival Weekend
Spring Fling Sprint – for more information – click here
West Point Lake Aquabike – 1.5K Swim 40K Bike – click here for online registration
|Click on the link to check your registration or check to see who you will be racing with. If searching for all racers – place cursor in box and hit enter – a complete list will appear|
No Race Day Registration
Refund Policy The request to transfer out of a race must be made 14 days or more prior to that scheduled event date. No transfers will be allowed underneath this deadline. The fee to transfer registration to another athlete is $40. The fee must be accompanied with an application from the new participant. Transfers can be made to any race produced by Georgia Multisports Productions. However, there are no transfers allowed after the last race of the season to another race in the following season.
- Swim: 1.5k Swim is a time trial start – swim start will depend on your estimated swim time.
- Bike: The 40k bike course has many rolling hills.
- Run: The Big Peach Running Company’s 10K is very flat and fast and ends at the 1st Choice Sports Rehab Center Finish Line.
- Site Map: Click here.
- Swim Course Map: Click here.
- Bike Course Map: Click here.
- Run Course Map: Click here.
Georgia MultiSports Productions for safety reason has established a course and race completion time lines as follows:
- Swim: 1 hour or course officials will assist swimmer from the course. Racer will be allowed to complete the event but will not be eligible for awards
Wet suits: Each age group participant shall be permitted to wear a wet suit without penalty in any event sanctioned by USA Triathlon up to and including a water temperature of 78 degrees Fahrenheit. When the water temperature is greater than 78 degrees, but less than 84 degrees Fahrenheit, age group participants may wear a wet suit at their own discretion, provided however that participants who wear a wet suit within this temperature range shall not be eligible for prizes or awards. Age group participants shall not wear wet suits in water temperatures equal to or greater than 84 degrees Fahrenheit.
We anticipate wetsuits will be allowed but this will be determined on race morning by the USA Triathlon Official
Relay Teams: Racers can form teams of two or three to compete in the triathlon, with each athlete racing one event. Each team member must fill out separate applications and waiver.
Packet Pick-Up Bike shops are sponsors and can not answer question regarding the event. Please call Jim Rainey at 770-926-2367 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must have valid drivers license and current USAT card if you are member.
- No one can pick up your packet except you.
- Race day packet pick-up is available.
Endurance House: Tuesday, 4/21/15 – 11am to 5:00 pm, 11800 Haynes Bridge Rd. Suite 1, Alpharetta, Ga. 30009. click for directions
Big Peach Running Company, 4/22/15 – 11 am to 5:00 pm, 5530 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30004. click for directions
(New Location for 2015) Saturday, 4/25/15 – 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm -Mike Daniel Recreation Center: 1220 Lafayette Parkway, LaGrange, GA 30241 – Packet Pick Up and Registration available:
Race Morning: Packet pick up only available at race site 5:30 am to 6:45 am – NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- 5:30 am Transition Opens.
- 5:30 am to 6:45 am Packet Pick Up.
- 7:00 am Transition Closes.
- 7:00 am Pre-Race Meeting.
- 7:15 am Swim Start.
- 11:00 am Awards Ceremony
Questions: Please direct West Point Lake Olympic Triathlon & Aquabike course questions to email@example.com. Registration questions should be sent to Belinda@gamultisports.com.
Bike Tech: Endurance House will be at event for last minute technical help.
- Overall top three finishers.
- Masters top three.
- Athena (165+) top three.
- Clydesdale (220+) top three.
- Relays top three.
- Age group awards will be given three deep in the following categories: 16 -19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
- Top three overall male and female finishers
Awards will not be mailed to anyone no exception) – you must attend ceremony to receive award or have someone attend for you if not able to attend Award Ceremony.
Georgia MultiSports reserves the right to use your image from any Georgia Multisports event in marketing or advertising materials.
West Point Lake Host Hotel:
1512 Lafayette Pky., Lagrange, GA 30241
Additional Lodging Choices:
|Company: Comfort Inn Address: 1512 Lafayette Parkway City: LaGrange State: GA Zip: 30240 Phone: 706-882-7700||Company: Hampton Inn Address: 100 Willis Circle City: LaGrange State: GA Zip: 30240 Phone: 706-845-1115||Company: Quality Inn Address: 110 Jameson Drive City: LaGrange State: GA Zip: 30240 Phone: 706-882-8700 Website: http://www.qualityinn.com/|