Race Date: May 18, 2013
Location: Jekyll Island, GA,75 N. Beachview Drive, Jekyll Island, GA 31527
The water temperature for this time of year is normally 76 to 78 but this year it is around 72 degrees.
Registration: Online Registration opens Dec 1, 2012. Online registration closes on May 11, 2013
Prices: (Each category will increase $10 after April 1, 2013)
- USAT member $85 until 4/1/13
- Non USAT member $97 until 4/1/13
- Relay teams $130 (plus $12 for each non USAT member) until 4/1/13
T shirts and/or sizes can not be guaranteed for registrations received after April 15, 2013
Click on the link to check your registration or check to see who you will be racing with.
If searching for all racers – place cursor in box and hit enter – a complete list will appear
No Race Day Registration
- Swim: 1.5k point to point swim
- Bike: The 29 mile bike course is a well marked flat and very fast bike course.
- Run: The 10k run course is an out and back course along the ocean and very flat and fast.
- Course Map:Click Here
Georgia Multisports Productions for safety reason has established a course and race completion time lines as follows:
- Swim: The swim must be completed with in 1 hour – course officials will assist swimmer from the course.
- Bike: The bike in 2 1/2hours or total of 3 1/2 hrs for swim- bike.
- Run: 1 hour or total of 4 1/2 hours to complete the race.
You may be asked to return your timing chip and will not receive an official time. if you choose to complete the event it will be without course security or support.
Cadence Bikes and Multisport will be available for last minute bike repairs and purchases.
Wetsuits: Given the time of year wetsuits will be determined on race day.
Relay Teams: Racers can form teams of two or three to compete in the triathlon, with each athlete racing one event. Each team member must fill out separate applications and waiver.
Bike shops are sponsors and can not answer question regarding the event. Please call Jim Rainey at 770-926-2367 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must have valid drivers license and current USAT card if you are member.
- No one can pick up your packet except you.
- Race day packet pick-up is available.
NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
Jekyll Island Convention Center: 5/17/13 2:00 pm to 6:30 pm, 75 N. Beachview Drive, Jekyll Island, GA 31527
Race Site: Race Morning: 5:00am to 6:30 am – in front of Convention Center, 75 N. Beachview Drive, Jekyll Island, GA 31527
Timing chips will be picked race morning outside of Convention Center from 5:00 to 6:30
Pre – Race Pasta Party
Enjoy a delicious pre-race pasta dinner at the new Jekyll Island Convention Center.
Friday, May 17
6:30 – 8 pm
Jekyll Island Convention Center
- $10 per person
- Free for children 4 & under
- Baked Ziti with Tomato Basil Sauce and Ground Beef
- Farfalle in a Creamy Alfredo Sauce topped with RoastedChicken
- Penne in Pesto Sauce with Artichokes and Mushrooms
- Caesar Salad with Creamy Caesar Dressing
- Savor…House Salad with Ranch Dressing
- Garlic Rolls
- Lemonade, Water
Reservations and Tickets must be purchased in advanced with your online registration. No tickets will be sold at the door.
- 5:00 am Transition Opens.
- 5:00 am to 6:30 Packet Pick Up and Chip Pick Up.
- 6:45 am Transition Closes.
- 6:50 am Report to Beach for Pre-Race Meeting.
- 7:00 am Swim Start.
- 11:00 am Awards Ceremony.
Please direct Turtle Crawl questions to email@example.com
- Overall top three finishers.
- Masters top three.
- Athena (165+) top three.
- Clydesdale (220+) top three.
- Relays top three.
- Age group awards will be given three deep in the following categories: 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
The request to transfer out of a race must be made 14 days or more prior to that scheduled event date. No transfers will be allowed underneath this deadline. The fee to transfer to another event is $40 and this must be accompanied with an application for new event. Transfers can only be made to events owned by Georgia Multisports Productions.
The fee to transfer registration to another athlete is $40. The fee must be accompanied with an application from the new participant.No Refunds!
Food, music, and Tri merchandise door prizes available following awards ceremony.
USA Triathlon Sanctioned Event
This event is sanctioned by USA Triathlon, the national governing body for the sport of Triathlon. We suggest all our participants become familiar with USA Triathlon Rules and Regulations. Officials will be present enforcing these rules.
This is a ChampionChip Timed Event
PBC Sports Photography will be on hand to capture images of this event. You will receive a custom email from PBC Sports Photography following the event which will include your splits and event photos. If you do not get this email you may visit them on the web at www.pbcsportsphotography.com.
Georgia Multisports reserves the right to use your image from any Georgia Multisports event in marketing or advertising materials.