Saturday, September 8, 2018 8:00am
Tugaloo State Park at Lake Hartwell, 1763 Tugaloo State Park Rd.,Lavonia, GA 30553
Tugaloo Triathlon and Aquabike
A Georgia Multisports Production
1.5k Swim, 42k Bike, 10k Run
September 8, 2018
Online registration closes on September 2, 2018
Finishers Medals for all finishers
T-Shirts and/or sizes cannot be guaranteed for registrations received after August 7, 2017.
Prices: All fees will increase $25 after 8/26/18
- $85.00 – USAT Member (Aquabike $75.00)
- $100.00 – Non USAT Member (includes one day fee) (Aquabike $90.00)
- $165.00 – Relay (Non USAT members should add $15 for one day fee)
The request to transfer out of a race must be made 14 days or more prior to that scheduled event date. No transfers will be allowed underneath this deadline. There is a $40 fee to transfer the registration. The fee must be accompanied with an application from the new participant. Transfers can be made to any race produced by Georgia MultiSports Productions. However, there are no transfers allowed after the last race of the season to another race in the following season.
Click to download and print registration form in Adobe PDF format.
- The 1.5K swim is a rectangle course in a cove in Lake Hartwell.
- The 42k bike course is a well-marked hilly out-and-back course. Click here for bike and swim course map and course profiles.
- The 10k run course is an out-and-back course within Tugaloo State Park. Click here for run course map.
- Transition Map: Click here
Wet suits. Each age group participant shall be permitted to wear a wet suit without penalty in any event sanctioned by USA Triathlon up to and including a water temperature of 78 degrees Fahrenheit. When the water temperature is greater than 78 degrees, but less than 84 degrees Fahrenheit, age group participants may wear a wet suit at their own discretion, provided however that participants who wear a wet suit within this temperature range shall not be eligible for prizes or awards. Age group participants shall not wear wet suits in water temperatures equal to or greater than 84 degrees Fahrenheit.
Packet Pickup and Late Registration:
Bike shops are sponsors and can not answer question regarding the event. Please call Jim Rainey at 770-926-2367 or email: email@example.com
TBD Wednesday, 9/5/18
Tugaloo State Park: 9/7/18 at ranger’s station 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm – Registration will be available during this time.
Packet Pick Up Only – No Race Day Registration
Race Morning at race site – 6:00 am to 7:30 am
- Must have valid drivers license and current USAT card if you are member.
- No one can pick up your packet except you.
- Race day packet pick-up is available – No race day registration.
- 6:00am Park opens
- 7:30am Report to the beach for the time trial swim start. Position yourselves according to body marking number.
- 7:45am Information will be given concerning start sequence and last minute course updates.
- 8:00am Race starts.
- 12:00pm Awards ceremony begins
USA Triathlon Sanctioned Event
This event is sanctioned by USA Triathlon, the national governing body for the sport of Triathlon. We suggest all our participants become familiar with USA Triathlon Rules and Regulations. Officials will be present enforcing these rules.
Georgia Multisports Productions for safety reason has established a course and race completion time lines as follows:
- Swim: 1 hour
- Bike: 2 and 1/2 hours or total of 3:1/2 hours of swim and bike
- Run: 1 hour or total of 4 and a 1/2 hours to complete the race.
You may be ask to return your timing chip and will not receive an official time. If you choose to complete the event it will be without course security or support.
Please direct Tugaloo Triathlon questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Top three overall men and women.
- Master’s men and women – top three finishers.
- Clydesdale (220+) and Athena (165+)- three deep.
- Relays – top three only.
- Age group awards will be given three deep in men and women, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
- Top Overall Men and Women
Timing furnished by:
Post Race: Food, music, and tri door prizes available following awards ceremony.
Bike Tech: TBD