Spring Fling Sprint Triathlon
600 yard Swim 15 mile Bike 5K Run
Sunday, April 28, 2013 7:45am
Location: R. Shaefer Heard Park, 101 R. Shaefer Heard Park Rd, West Point, GA 31833
Click on links for directions.
Pricing: (all categories increase $20.00 after 4/14/13)
- USAT Member: $70.00
- Non USAT Member: $82.00 (includes one day USAT membership fee)
- Relay: $130.00
T-Shirts or sizes can not be guaranteed for registrations received after April 7, 2013
Register online at Active.com: Online registration opens on December 1, 2012. Online registration closes April 21, 2013
Click on the link to check your registration or check to see who you will be racing with.
If searching for all racers – place cursor in box and hit enter – a complete list will appear
No Race Day Registration
The request to transfer out of a race must be made 14 days or more prior to that scheduled event date. No transfers will be allowed underneath this deadline. The fee to transfer registration to another athlete is $40. The fee must be accompanied with an application from the new participant. Transfers can be made to any race produced by Georgia Multisports Productions. However, there are no transfers allowed after the last race of the season to another race in the following season.
- Swim: 600 yd swim is a wave start.
- Bike: The Cadence Bikes and Multisport 15 mile bike course is flat and fast.
- Run: The Big Peach Running Company’s 5K is very flat and fast and ends at the 1st Choice Health Care Finish Line.
- Site Map: Click Here
- Swim Course Map: Click Here
- Bike Course Map: Click Here
- Run Course Map: Click Here
Georgia Multisports Productions for safety reason has established a course and race completion time lines as follows:
- Swim: The swim must be completed with in 30 minutes.
- Bike: The bike in 1 ½ hours and swim- bike split must complete in total of 2 hours.
- Run: 1 hour or total of 3 hours to complete the race.
You may be asked to return your timing chip and will not receive an official time. if you choose to complete the event it will be without course security or support.
Cadence Bikes and Multisport will be available for last minute bike repairs and purchases.
Given the time of year wetsuits will probably be allowed but we will not know for certain until race morning.
Relay Teams: Racers can form teams of two or three to compete in the triathlon, with each athlete racing one event. Each team member must fill out separate applications and waiver.
Bike shops are sponsors and can not answer question regarding the event. Please call Jim Rainey at 770-926-2367 or email: email@example.com.
- Must have valid drivers license and current USAT card if you are member.
- No one can pick up your packet except you.
- Race day packet pick-up is available.
NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
Cadence Bikes and Multisport: Wednesday -4/24/13 11am to 6:00 pm 6014 Sandy Springs Cir NE, Sandy Springs, GA 30328 404-252-BIKE (2453). Click for directions. Registration available at this site.
Golden’s Bike Shop: Friday – 4/26/13 – 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm – 101 Harwell Ave LaGrange, GA 30240 706-884-2420. Click for directions. Registration available at this site
Golden’s Bike Shop: Saturday – 4/27/13 – 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm – 101 Harwell Ave LaGrange, GA 30240 706-884-2420. Click for directions. Registration available at this site.
Race Morning: Sunday – 4/28/13 – 5:30 am to 6:45 am – race site. No Registration
- 5:30 am Transition Opens.
- 5:30 am to 7:00 Packet Pick Up.
- 7:00 Transition Closes.
- 7:30 am Pre-Race Meeting.
- 7:45 am Swim Start.
- 11:00 am Awards Ceremony.
Please direct Spring Fling Sprint Triathlon questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Overall top three finishers.
- Masters top three.
- Athena (165+) top three.
- Clydesdale (220+) top three.
- Relays top three.
- Age group awards will be given three deep in in the following categories: 13-15,16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
Food, music, and Tri merchandise door prizes available following awards ceremony.
USA Triathlon Sanctioned Event
This event is sanctioned by USA Triathlon, the national governing body for the sport of Triathlon. We suggest all our participants become familiar with USA Triathlon Rules and Regulations. Officials will be present enforcing these rules.
This is a ChampionChip Timed Event
PBC Sports Photography will be on hand to capture images of this event. You will receive a custom email from PBC Sports Photography following the event which will include your splits and event photos. If you do not get this email you may visit them on the web at: www.pbcsportsphotography.com
Georgia MultiSports reserves the right to use your image from any Georgia Multisports event in marketing or advertising materials.
Spring Fling Host Hotel:
1512 Lafayette Pky., Lagrange, GA 30241
Additional Lodging Choices:
|Company: Comfort Inn
Address: 1512 Lafayette Parkway
|Company: Hampton Inn
Address: 100 Willis Circle
|Company: Quality Inn
Address: 110 Jameson Drive