Madison Fitness Triathlon
Morgan Aquatic Center Pool
1131 East Ave., Madison, GA
400 Yard Pool Swim 19 Mile Bike 5K Run
Race Date: September 22, 2012 – THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED – Please contact Rob Watts at email@example.com for question
Location: Morgan Aquatic Center Pool, 1131 East Ave., Madison, GA
Registration: Registration will close when we reach 300 participants so register early.
Click to download and print registration hard copy form in Adobe PDF format.
No Race Day Registration
- Transition Map: Click Here.
- Swim Course Map: Pool Swim.
- Bike Course Map: Under Construction
- Run Course Map: Click here.
- Swim: The swim is a 400 yard swim in the Morgan County Pool. Participants start at one end of the pool and snake their way up and down each lane as they work towards the end of the pool then exit and proceed to the bike transition. Being a pool swim race, participants must submit an estimated swim time when registering. These are the times used for seeding purposes. The swim star will begin with the lowest submitted time which will correspond with your bib number. Please be as accurate as possible and your swim leg will be a more pleasurable experience. Your race time will start when you enter the pool.
- Bike: Bike course is a well-marked looped course with a few moderate hills.
- Run: 5K run course is an out and back course and is very flat and fast.
Georgia Multisports Productions for safety reason has established a course and race completion time line as follows:
- Swim: 1/2 hour.
- Bike: 1 1/2 hours or total of 2 hours of swim and bike.
- Run: Race must be completed in 3 hours.
You may be asked to return your timing chip and will not receive an official time. if you choose to complete the event it will be without course security or support.
Wetsuits: Wetsuits are not permitted!
Relay Teams: Racers can form teams of two or three to compete in the triathlon, with each athlete racing one event. Each team member must fill out separate applications and waiver.
Madison Fitness Center, 1290 Eatonton Rd, Madison, GA 30650: Friday September 21, 2012 3:00 to 6:00pm. (706)-342-1060
Packet pick up will be held race morning from 6:30 am to 7:45 am at the pool.
- Must have valid drivers license and current USAT card if you are member.
- No one can pick up your packet except you.
- Race day packet pick-up is available.
- No race day registration.
- 6:30 am Pool and Transition Opens.
- 7:45 am Report to the pool deck for information concerning start and last minute course updates for the time trail start.
- 8:00 am Race Starts
- 11:00 am Awards Ceremony begins.
Please direct Madison Triathlon questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Overall top three male and female finishers.
- Masters men and women – top three.
- Athena top three.
- Clydesdale: 200+ top three.
- Relays top three.
- Age group awards will be given three deep in the following categories: 13 -15,16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
The request to transfer out of a race must be made 14 days or more prior to that scheduled event date. No transfers will be allowed underneath this deadline. The fee to transfer registration to another athlete is $40. The fee must be accompanied with an application from the new participant.
Food and music provided.
USA Triathlon Sanctioned Event
This event is sanctioned by USA Triathlon, the national governing body for the sport of Triathlon. We suggest all our participants become familiar with USA Triathlon Rules and Regulations. Officials will be present enforcing these rules.
This is a ChampionChip Timed Event
Georgia Multisports reserves the right to use your image from any Georgia Multisports event in marketing or advertising materials.
PBC Sports Photography will be on hand to capture images of this event. You will receive a custom email from PBC Sports Photography following the event which will include your splits and event photos. If you do not get this email you may visit them on the web at www.pbcsportsphotography.com.