Lake Lanier Islands Triathlon
September 28, 2014
400 Yard Swim*13 Mile Bike*5K Run
Mandatory Bike Drop Off on Saturday, September 27, 2014. Packet pick up, bike drop off and chip pick up between 12 – 6 pm
Race Date: Sunday, September 28, 2014 7:30am
Location: Lake Lanier Islands Resort Click here for directions
Registration: Registration is now open
Pricing: (all categories will increase $20 after September 14, 2014)
- USAT Member $70 (Aquabike $60.00)
- Non USAT Member $82 (includes USAT one day membership fee) (Aquabike $72.00)
- Relay $130
New for 2014: Aquabike for registration click here
No Race Day Registration
Transfers: The request to transfer out of a race must be made 14 days or more prior to that scheduled event date. No transfers will be allowed underneath this deadline. There is a $40 fee to transfer the registration to another athlete. The fee must be accompanied with an application from the new participant. There are no transfers allowed after the last race of the season to another race in the following season.
- Swim: Out and back swim. Water temperature should be in the 70’s.
- Bike: Looped course that is very fast with only one small hill on the course.
- Run: Very fast out and back flat terrain with lots of shade during the entire course.
Georgia Multisports Productions for safety reason has established a course and race completion time lines as follows:
- Swim: 30 minutes or course officials will assist you from course.
- Bike: 1 and 1/2 hours or total of 2 hours of swim and bike.
- Run: 45 minutes or total of 2 and a 45 minutes to complete the race.
You may be asked to return your timing chip and will not receive an official time if you choose to complete the event it will be without course security or support.
Wetsuits: Given the time of year wetsuits will probably be allowed.
Packet Pick-Up and Mandatory bike drop off on Saturday, September 27 from 12 -6 at the race site.
- Must have valid drivers license and current USAT card if you are member.
- No one can pick up your packet or drop off your bike except you.
- 5:30 am Transition Opens.
- 7:15 am Pre-race meeting.
- 7:30 am Swim Start.
- 11:00 am Awards Ceremony.
Bike Tech: Free – Flite Bicycles will be available for last minute repairs.
- Overall top three finishers.
- Masters top three.
- Athena (165+) top three.
- Clydesdale (220+) top three.
- Relays top three.
- Age group awards will be given three deep in the following categories: 15 and under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
Aqua Bike Awards:
- Top three Overall Male and Female Finishers
Post Race: Food, music, and Tri merchandise door prizes available following awards ceremony.
Parking For the Race: The Resort Staff is responsible for parking for the event. All racers will park in the Holiday Pavilion parking lot which is on the left as you enter the park. There will be a walk race morning of an half to three quarters of a mile to transition through the water park. You will want to build it into your arrival time for race morning. Keep in mind even though your bike is there we still need to body mark a thousand athletes from 5:30 to 7:15 when transition closes.
USA Triathlon Sanctioned Event
This event is sanctioned by USA Triathlon, the national governing body for the sport of Triathlon. We suggest all our participants become familiar with USA Triathlon Rules and Regulations. Officials will be present enforcing these rules.
This is a ChampionChip Timed Event
Accommodations: Host Hotels
|Holiday Inn Express
2499 Satellite Blvd
Buford, GA 30518
7000 Holiday Road
Lake Lanier Island, GA
Legacy Lodge is offering a special rate for rooms and Lake House to the athletics – so make sure to mention you are participating in the triathlon when making your reservation. There is a limited number of rooms available at the special rate so make your reservations early.
Event Photography: For photos contact Majestick Photography
Questions: Please direct Lake Lanier Islands Triathlon questions to firstname.lastname@example.org