Georgia Veterans Sprint & Aqua Bike
Saturday, August 6, 2016
400-Yard Swim*13.6 Mile Bike*5K Run
Start Time: 8:00am
The Georgia Veterans Triathlon is held at the Georgia Memorial State Park in Cordele, GA. This race is one of the best-kept secrets for those who want to race on a fast and very flat course. Cordele is just a few hours south of Atlanta and only a few miles off I-75 (exit 101). Cabins and Lake Blackshear Resort is located right on the race course inside The Georgia Memorial State Park. Click on the links for information regarding the park and Lake Blackshear Retreat.
- USAT Member $70 ($60.00 for Aqua Bike)
- Military USAT Member $50 (includes one day USAT fee)
- Non USAT Member $82 ($72.00 for Aqua Bike)
- Military Non USAT Member $62 (includes one day USAT fee)
- Relay $120 (No Relay for Aqua Bike)
- Top three overall men and women
- Age group awards will be given three deep in men and women 15 and under, 16 – 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Master’s men and women – top three finishers.
- Clydesdale (220+) and Athena (165+) – three deep.
- Relays – top three only.
Aqua Bike Awards:
- Top Male and Female Finishers
We recommend that you pick up your packet before race day if possible – this will make for a more stress free race morning.
Race Day Time Line:
- 6:00 am Packet Pick up and Registration opens.
- 6:00 am – 7:30 am Get body marked, pick up Champion Chip and rack your bike, set up your transition area.
- 7:30 am Packet Pick up and Registration closes.
- 7:50 am Triathlon Pre Race Meeting at Swim start.
- 11:00 am Awards.
USA Triathlon Sanctioned Event
This event is sanctioned by USA Triathlon, the national governing body for the sport of Triathlon. We suggest all our participants become familiar with USA Triathlon Rules and Regulations. Officials will be present enforcing these rules.
Lake Blackshear Resort
Enjoy a view of the sparkling lake while you enjoy a casual lunch or sunset dinner in Cordelia’s Restaurant. When you’re ready to relax, there are choices to fit any mood; golfing, hiking, fishing, swimming. Take a leisurely dip in the pool or settle into a relaxing chair on the veranda with a good book.
LAKE BLACKSHEAR RESORT & GOLF CLUB • 2459-H US Highway 280 West • Cordele, GA 31015
Cordele Toll Free: (800) 459-1230 • Cordele Local: 229-276-1004 • Cordele Fax: (229) 271-7400
Georgia MultiSports reserves the right to use your image from any Georgia MultiSports event in marketing or advertising materials.