Chastain Park triPATHlon
May 5, 2013
400 yard Pool Swim*15 Mile Bike*5K Run
Race will continue as scheduled – if too much water on bike course for safe ride may change the event to a swim and run.
May 5, 2013 7:30 am
Chastain Park Pool
235 West Wieuca Road, NW, Atlanta, GA 30342
Click on links for directions.
Registration: Opens December 1, 2012
T-Shirts or sizes cannot be guaranteed for registrations received after April 14, 2013
Pricing: (all categories will increase $20 after April 22, 2013)
- USAT member: $80
- Non USAT member: $92 (includes one day USAT membership fee)
- Relays: $130
Online Registration closes on April 28, 2013
For hard copy application:
Click to download and print registration form in Adobe PDF format.
For information and to register for the Kids Splash and Dash: Click here
Click on the link to check your registration or check to see who you will be racing with.
If searching for all racers – place cursor in box and hit enter – a complete list will appear.
Note: The following types of participants are not included in
No Race Day Registration
The request to transfer out of a race must be made 14 days or more prior to that scheduled event date. No transfers will be allowed underneath this deadline. The fee to transfer registration to another athlete is $40. The fee must be accompanied with an application from the new participant. Transfers can be made to any race produced by Georgia Multisports Productions. However, there are no transfers allowed after the last race of the season to another race in the following season.
- Swim: The swim is a 400 yard swim in the Chastain Park Pool. Participants start at one end of the pool and snake their way up and down each lane as they work towards the end of the pool then exit and proceed to the bike transition. Being a pool swim race, participants must submit an estimated swim time when registering. These are the times used for seeding purposes. The swim start will begin with the lowest submitted time which will correspond with your bib number. Please be as accurate as possible and your swim leg will be a more pleasurable experience. Your race time will start when you enter the pool.
- Bike: 15 mile bike course is scenic and rolling hills.
- Run: 5K ends at the Chastain Park Amphitheater.
Georgia MultiSports Productions for safety reason has established a course and race completion time lines as follows:
- Swim: The swim must be completed with in 30 minutes- course officials will assist swimmer from the course. Racer will be allowed to complete the event but will not be eligible for awards.
- Bike: The bike in 1 ½ hours and swim- bike split must complete in total of 2 hours for swim-bike split.
- Run: 1 hour or total of 3 hours to complete the race.
You may be asked to return your timing chip and will not receive an official time. if you choose to complete the event it will be without course security or support.
Wetsuits: WATER TEMP is 65 degrees
Wetsuits will be allowed if water temperature is below 76. If water temperature is over 76 wetsuits will be optional but you will not eligible for awards.
Late Registration or packet pick up is available at the following locations. Please note that there will be no registration on race morning however once registered you may still pick up your packet race morning.
Packet Pick-Up Information and Locations:
All3 Sports: Thurdsay May 2; 10:00 am to 4:00pm 8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 420, Atlanta, GA 30350
All3 Sports: Friday May 3; 10:00 am to 4:00pm 8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 420, Atlanta, GA 30350
Chastain Park Pool: Saturday May 4, 12:00 to 4:00 pm 235 W. Wieuca Road NW, Atlanta, GA 30342
Race Site: Sunday May 5; 5:30 am – 7:00 am (you can only pick up packet this day - NO REGISTRATION – 135 West Wieuca Road, NW, Atlanta, GA 30342
- Must have valid drivers license and current USAT card if you are member.
- No one can pick up your packet except you.
- Race day packet pick-up is available.
NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
Event Timeline: Race Morning, May 5, 2013
- 5:30 am Transition Opens.
- 5:30 am to 7:00 am Packet Pick Up.
- 7:15 am Transition Closes.
- 7:15 am Report to pool for Pre-Race Meeting.
- 7:30 am Swim Start.
- 10:45 am Awards Ceremony.
Please direct TriPATHlon questions to email@example.com
- Overall top three finishers.
- Masters top three.
- Athena (165+) top three.
- Clydesdale (220+) top three.
- Relay top three
- Age group awards will be given three deep in the following categories: 15 & under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
Food, music, and Tri merchandise door prizes available following awards ceremony.
USA Triathlon Sanctioned Event
This event is sanctioned by USA Triathlon, the national governing body for the sport of Triathlon. We suggest all our participants become familiar with USA Triathlon Rules and Regulations. Officials will be present enforcing these rules.
PBC Sports Photography will be on hand to capture images of this event. You will receive a custom email from PBC Sports Photography following the event which will include your splits and event photos. If you do not get this email you may visit them on the web at: www.pbcsportsphotography.com
Georgia MultiSports reserves the right to use your image from any Georgia Multisports event in marketing or advertising materials.
This is a Champion Chip Timed Event