Chastain Park triPATHlon
May 3, 2015
400 yard Pool Swim*15 Mile Bike*5K Run
May 3, 2015 7:30 am
Chastain Park Pool
235 West Wieuca Road, NW, Atlanta, GA 30342
Click on links for directions.
T-Shirts or sizes cannot be guaranteed for registrations received after April 5, 2015
Pricing: (all categories will increase $20 after April 19, 2015)
- USAT member: $80
- Non USAT member: $92 (includes one day USAT membership fee)
- Relays: $130
Online Registration closes on April 26, 2015
For hard copy application:
Click to download and print registration form in Adobe PDF format.
For information and to register for the Kids Splash and Dash: Click here
Click on the link to check your registration or check to see who you will be racing with. If searching for all racers – place cursor in box and hit enter – a complete list will appear.
Note: The following types of participants are not included in search results: minors, group-registration team members, participants registered
No Race Day Registration
The request to transfer out of a race must be made 14 days or more prior to that scheduled event date. No transfers will be allowed underneath this deadline. The fee to transfer registration to another athlete is $40. The fee must be accompanied with an application from the new participant. Transfers can be made to any race produced by Georgia Multisports Productions. However, there are no transfers allowed after the last race of the season to another race in the following season.
- Swim: The swim is a 400 yard swim in the Chastain Park Pool (pool will be heated). Participants start at one end of the pool and snake their way up and down each lane as they work towards the end of the pool then exit and proceed to the bike transition. Being a pool swim race, participants must submit an estimated swim time when registering. These are the times used for seeding purposes. The swim start will begin with the lowest submitted time which will correspond with your bib number. Please be as accurate as possible and your swim leg will be a more pleasurable experience. Your race time will start when you enter the pool.
- Bike: 15 mile bike course is scenic and rolling hills.
- Run: 5K ends at West Wieuca directly across from the pool.
Georgia MultiSports Productions for safety reason has established a course and race completion time lines as follows:
- Swim: The swim must be completed with in 30 minutes- course officials will assist swimmer from the course. Racer will be allowed to complete the event but will not be eligible for awards.
- Bike: The bike in 1 ½ hours and swim- bike split must complete in total of 2 hours for swim-bike split.
- Run: 1 hour or total of 3 hours to complete the race.
You may be asked to return your timing chip and will not receive an official time. if you choose to complete the event it will be without course security or support.
Wetsuits will be allowed if water temperature is below 76, however pool will be heated. If water temperature is over 76 wetsuits will be optional but you will not eligible for awards.
Late Registration or packet pick up is available at the following locations. Please note that there will be no registration on race morning however once registered you may still pick up your packet race morning.
Packet Pick-Up Information and Locations:
All 3 Sports: April 30, 10:30 am to 4:00 pm, 8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 420, Atlanta, GA 30350, 770.587.9994 – There will be a transition clinic at 11:00 am.
Saturday May 2; 3 – 6 pm – Chastain Park Pool, 235 West Wieuca, Atlanta, GA 30342 Click for directions
Sunday May 3: 5:30 am – 7:00 am (you can only pick up packet this day – NO REGISTRATION – 235 West Wieuca Road, NW, Atlanta, GA 30342
- Must have valid drivers license and current USAT card if you are member.
- No one can pick up your packet except you.
- Race day packet pick-up is available.
NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
Event Timeline: Race Morning, May 3, 2015
- 5:30 am Transition Opens.
- 5:30 am to 7:00 am Packet Pick Up.
- 7:15 am Transition Closes.
- 7:15 am Report to pool for Pre-Race Meeting.
- 7:30 am Swim Start.
- 10:45 am Awards Ceremony.
Please direct TriPATHlon questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Overall top three finishers.
- Masters top three.
- Athena (165+) top three.
- Clydesdale (220+) top three.
- Relay top three
- Age group awards will be given three deep in the following categories: 15 & under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
Food, music, and Tri merchandise door prizes available following awards ceremony.
USA Triathlon Sanctioned Event
This event is sanctioned by USA Triathlon, the national governing body for the sport of Triathlon. We suggest all our participants become familiar with USA Triathlon Rules and Regulations. Officials will be present enforcing these rules.
Georgia MultiSports reserves the right to use your image from any Georgia Multisports event in marketing or advertising materials.
This is a Champion Chip Timed Event